Lockdown being partially removed in various cities around the world, the life does not seem to be the same as earlier. Social distancing is still the key factor to break the chain of infection and the only preventive measure for COVID-19.
God only knows when this pandemic is going to end. I don’t see any of in near future, at least not this year. The infection spikes exponentially but slows down in years.
There is no doubt that cure of COVID-19 will be there, vaccines will pe produced in near future. But nothing looks possible in 2020. Till then, what is the best possible scenario left to protect ourselves from the virus? The only answer is social distancing, avoiding meeting people, avoiding mass gatherings, maintaining personal hygiene, and avoiding handshakes.
Let’s suppose the pandemic ends, which is to happen one day, how will be life after pandemic? Will we be allowed to roam around freely? Will we be comfortable in meeting people? Will we be able to have parties at home or outside? Will we be able to go for vacations? Will be dining out frequently with our loved ones? Will we be able to buy groceries the way we used to buy before the pandemic?
So many questions come to our minds everyday. Pandemic has become an integral part of our lives. For at least an year or so, we need to learn how to live with this virus.
Life will never be as easy as it was before pandemic. It has hit hard not only the economy but also every individual emotionally too. Life with and after pandemic is not going to be easy. More the number of infected people in a city, more time it will take to recover from the disease.
Life will come back to normal but might take years for that. At least this is what can be depicted from 1918 pandemic. As reported on some websites, 1918 pandemic ended in 1920. I don’t know how it ended? I mean, whether people developed immunity to the virus or it deteriorated after infecting a large human populations.
If we see the 1918 pandemic, what we should learn from the history is that social distancing really works.
What Life Changes are Possible After Pandemic 2020 Ends?
1. More Emphasis on Being Healthy: The most positive change that will be experienced after pandemic is the change in the way we eat. Health will be the priority for everyone. Eating healthy and exercising at home will be the prime duty. People will still avoid eating out and will try to cook at home as far as possible.
2. Remote Learning Will be a New Concept of Learning: With schools and universities closed for a longer period of time, remote learning will be a new acceptable competitor of learning. Online learning will be a big yes as parents will be reluctant in sending their children outside for coaching and tuitions.
3. More Work From Home Jobs: After the end of pandemic 2020, people will still find it comfortable to work from home. People will look for jobs that can be handles from home itself to avoid any kind of physical meetings and gatherings.
4. Work From Home Will be New Working Concept: Companies will allow their employees to work from as long as possible to avoid any physical contacts.
5. Boom in Healthcare Jobs: Need of doctors, nurses, paramedicals, postdoctoral scholars, scientists will not be the same as before COVID-19 outbreak. With more and more research work needed in this direction, more jobs will be created in science and technology.
6. Globalization will be a Big No No: For at least 2-3 years, people will avoid traveling to Foreign countries for jobs and business purposes.
6. Resuming Focus on Healthcare System: COVID-19 has taught us that health is the real wealth and for every country, a proper healthcare system is utmost important. Healthcare system will be given the prime focus. Government will look for the loop holes in the healthcare system and should be always prepared for such pandemic crisis.
These are entirely my personal opinions that might vary with others. This is how I think, life will be after the pandemic ends. It may be or may not be in real. Please let me know what changes do you see in our lives after COVID-19.